Learn how my family of four has flown almost entirely free since fall of 2015
Do you love to travel, but don't have the funds to do it as much as you'd like? Are you a collector of miles and points, but want a simple, proven strategy for leveraging them to the fullest? Are you new to miles and points and looking for a step-by-step guide to get started?
That's why I created The Frugal Flyer ... to show you how incredibly easy it is to completely eliminate the cost of U.S. flights from your travel budget in as little as 90 days.
It sounds too good to be true.
I thought that, too. And so did my husband.
But when I earned our first Southwest Companion Pass, together with more than 110,000 Southwest points in 2015 and my family began traveling 6 or 7 times a year by plane instead of once a year by car, everyone was hooked! In summer 2017 alone, we flew EIGHT free flights!
We've continued that trend, flying almost entirely free around the U.S. since then and even expanding our free travel abroad as well. I'm about to share all the secrets, everything I've learned in the last two years, step by step, so you don't have to go through the time and effort that I did. And, the good news, is, I've made it incredibly easy for you!
Just stick with me.
In The Frugal Flyer course Plus version, I will show you how to delete airfares from your budget. Poof! Gone!
The Frugal Flyer course will:
- Outline easy-to-follow systems ideal for newbies or advanced travel hackers who are tired of the complicated, time-consuming, over-detailed techniques out there
- Offer only the simplest techniques and utilize the 80/20 rule, using the 20% of techniques that net the most possible FREE airfare
- Focus on flying free around the U.S. in economy class; this is NOT for you if you want to fly first-class in a fancy foreign airplane with beds and a shower. THAT takes time, a lot math :) and works best for singles.
- Teach you to stretch your miles as far as possible for the maximum number of flights
- Show you how to maintain excellent credit throughout the process
- Allow you to travel 10X more and as a result, lead a more fulfulling life
Now, doesn't that sound good?
Follow along with me and you can say bye-bye to expensive -- or flat out ANY -- airfare and start planning trips where the cost of flights are no longer a factor.
Where will you go?
Since fall of 2015, my family of 4 has traveled to Orlando, the Rocky Mountains (twice), Las Vegas, Southern Utah, Disneyland, San Diego (twice), Naples and Marco Island, Florida, New York City, San Francisco and Carmel, California. And ... Ireland, Italy and France, but we'll save that for a different course...
It's a great life ... and I want to show you how to have it, too!
Many of you have already downloaded my free ebook on how to earn the Southwest Companion Pass. You'll find lots of information about the Companion Pass in the course, but in a different format, including videos, case studies, sample plans and some helpful tools I've created to make the process even easier!
There are 3 levels of the course you can choose, according to content and cost.
Course Levels include:
- Basic - $195 - Just the course
- Plus - $295 - The course + Case Studies + Access to 2 private Facebook groups (Southwest Fliers & US Travel on Miles & Points)
- Premier - $395 - The course + Case Studies + Access to 2 private Facebook groups (Southwest Fliers & US Travel on Miles & Points) + Regular LIVE Q&A calls with Lyn
Here's what you can expect in the PLUS version of the Frugal Flyer course:
- Video lectures and transcripts
- Case studies of how others have successfully used miles for free flights
- Step-by-step plans for free flights to popular destinations like Orlando, Hawaii and Las Vegas
- Tools and checklists for managing points, credit cards and bookings
- Sections on major US airlines, including: Southwest, Delta, United and American
- Information on flexible travel programs like Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi Thank You points
- Bonus material like how to find a great seat on Southwest, how to make more time to travel and keeping your credit excellent throughout the process
- Access to Go to Travel Gal's private Southwest Flyers and U.S. Travel on Miles & Points Facebook groups
The PLUS version DOES NOT INCLUDE the live Q&A conference calls with Go to Travel Gal. You'll need to purchase PREMIER for this benefit.
--Chris S., Go to Travel Gal reader
Meet Go to Travel Gal
Lyn Mettler, aka Go to Travel Gal, is a travel writer and blogger who discovered the power of miles and points to significantly reduce the cost of travel, so she and her family of four could go on adventures around the world. A longtime couponer, she put the same strategies to work for travel, no longer netting free boxes of cereal but free trips!
Her family has flown almost entirely free since fall 2015 and visited six US destinations within a year for less than $100 per flight. She is passionate about showing as many people as possible how to do the same so they can increase their ability to travel and live a more fulfilling life.
She writes about travel for FoxNews.com, US News & World Report, USA Today's 10Best.com, Million Mile Secrets and others and has been quoted in Travel + Leisure, Entreprenuer, the Wall Street Journal and SmartMoney. FoxNews has featured her family's success in traveling almost entirely free on Southwest.
"I am a first-time Southwest Companion Pass earner thanks, in large part, to your blog and the step-by-step guide you published. We are looking forward to several trips that we would not have been able to take without the Companion Pass. Thanks for your helpful blog!”
--Andy M., Go to Travel Gal reader
PreviewIntroduction & Welcome (6:04)
StartFrugal Flyer Basics: What You Need to Know to Eliminate the Cost of Flights (11:32)
StartCredit Doesn't Have to Be a 4-Letter Word: Leveraging It to Your Advantage
StartKeeping an Excellent Credit Score While Flying Free (11:30)
StartRequirements to Apply for Business Credit Card (Easier than you think!)
StartTOOLS: Credit Card Tracking Sheet - NEW EXCEL DOWNLOAD!
StartTOOLS: Minimum Spend Calculator - NEW!
StartTOOLS: Loyalty Program Tracking Sheet - NEW EXCEL DOWNLOAD!
StartFACEBOOK GROUP: Go to Travel Gal Southwest Flyers
StartFACEBOOK GROUP: Go to Travel Gal U.S. Travel on Miles & Points
StartSouthwest Basics (15:22)
StartHow to Earn Southwest Points
StartSouthwest Airlines Credit Cards
StartSUPER FRUGAL: The Southwest Companion Pass (1:26)
StartCASE STUDIES: 4 Southwest Companion Pass Case Studies
StartBooking Flights on Southwest With Points & Companions
StartStretching Southwest Points for Maximum Flights
StartSouthwest Companion Pass ROAD MAPS
StartTOOLS: Southwest Flights Tracking Sheet - NEW EXCEL DOWNLOAD!
StartTOOLS: Rapid Rewards Shopping Tracking Sheet - NEW EXCEL DOWNLOAD!
StartBONUS - Southwest Companion Pass FAQs
"I wanted to thank you for your blog and for your Southwest Companion Pass e-book. It helped my family to get the Companion Pass and begin flying free on Southwest. I love reading your blog updates that come into my inbox."
--Melissa H., Go to Travel Gal reader
Frequently Asked Questions
"My husband and I have a small business and finally decided to take the leap and try and score some Southwest credit card points to do something fun rather than earn points for overpriced/over-points 'stuff.' I have been following your blog and just wanted to say thanks for all the great information that you put out. It really helped with our decision."
-- Julie N., Go to Travel Gal reader
Not Sure If This Course Is For You?
The Frugal Flyer: How to Eliminate the Cost of US Flights From Your Travel Budget is ideal for you if:
- You love to travel and want to do more of it but don't have the funds!
- You are retired (or close to retiring) and wondering how to best utilize your budget for maximum travel
- You are ready to dip your toes into miles and points, but are confused or don't have time to do all the research required
- You are savvy to miles and points, but would love a proven, step-by-step path for flying free on major U.S. airlines
- You want to be sure you don't harm your credit when using cards to accumulate miles and points
- You want to show your kids the world!
- You want to use miles and points, but don't want it to become your full-time, or even part-time, job!
- You're ready to leverage your couponing skills to net free travel for you and your loved ones